Welcome to The Old Post Box, Suffolk
The cottage is in the pretty village of Holton, just one mile from the vibrant town of Halesworth. It used to have one of the village's postboxes attached to it and you can see the outline of this at the front of the house with the chute found in the lounge! It was built in 1650, we think as a former blacksmiths, before further alterations in 1875 and then again in 1975. Many of the original features remain, including timber beams, a herringbone stone floor and beautiful fireplace.
- Three good sized bedrooms; 1 double, 1 small double and 2 single beds
- One bathroom with underfloor heating, a bath and waterfall and hose shower heads
- A large kitchen with seating and an electric cooker, dishwasher, washing machine and fridge
- A large lounge with several seating areas, and a stunning fireplace with wood burning stove
- An enclosed, quiet country garden with covered seating area
- A stable door to the garden and sound-proof UPVC windows
- Electric heaters and underfloor heating in the kitchen and bathroom
- Good Wifi throughout the property and in the garden, and Freeview TV
- Free parking via a car park up the lane, ten seconds walk from the cottage with space immediately outside for loading
Prices range from £870 per week/£400 weekends in high season to £520 per week/£240 per weekend in low season. We can be flexible on check-in date - just get in touch. We also request a refundable £150 damage deposit in advance of your stay.
We are dog friendly....
Our Jack Russell Betty has given permission for other dogs to stay here when she isn't around, as long as they are well behaved and do not leave paw marks on her sofa! A water bowl, towel, treats and poo bags are provided. There are so many wonderful dog walks nearby, including a nice stroll just minutes from the cottage with rabbits to chase and undergrowth to sniff. Take a look at our recommended walks on our blog